Friday, April 29, 2011

Q&A: Does a Security Camera Use Bandwidth?

Query by Joehn Mike: Does a Protection Camera Use Bandwidth?
I just bought a 4 channel DVR with two protection digital camera on it, and I hooked it up to my network so i could observe it stay wherever with a web connection. Does this imply when at any time im observing it on my laptop computer in my house, it is making use of bandwidth? Or is it not because im viewing it from the router its connect to? I dont know, since if so thats like equal to streaming a youtube video clip 24/7 if i leave it up right?

Thank you


Greatest reply:

Reply by Adrian
Your world wide web usage is only what crosses the router to the internet, not nearby targeted traffic. The only utilization you will get over the web would be if you are viewing the cameras from someplace outdoors the residence...



What do you feel? Solution under!

No comments:

Post a Comment