Friday, April 29, 2011

Question regarding Home Security camera and wiring?

Question by jd_tx: Issue relating to House Security camera and wiring?
I've run cat5 cable during the residence, which i assumed I could use to connect protection cameras. I don't require anything at all fancy (no recording) i just want to be able to use a switcher with a couple of cameras to watch who's at the front door from my Tv.

My issue is, can cat5 cable deal with what the cables that operate video/audio/electrical power to the camera manage? Mostly worried about the electrical power.
I don't have strength at the digital camera places, so I require cameras that can operate strength by way of the connecting cable from the switcher. I would like to splice the cable that comes with these cameras and solder the ends to my prewired cat5 cable. I'm just woried that the cat5 cable wont be able to take care of the electrical power.... any input is appreciated.
(I really don't want wireless cameras and am not searching for large end things just a standard technique)


Finest solution:

Reply by Firefed
http://www.radiolocman.com/electrical-engineering/circuit-cache.html?di=18899
This is a extremely helpful spot for figuring what dimensions wire can handle what quantity of current based on frequency of signal getting sent. If your cameras are analog they could will need a couple of amps. Essentially a CAT5 cable employs 24 gauge sound core wire. I have operate 2 Amps across them with no issue, but the existing vs wire gauge table puts 24 ga at 1.four Amps rating. If the digital camera is digital, then you should not have a dilemma as most I have observed use about 500 milli amps to operate, like infrared cameras.

Understanding the certain digital camera you have in mind, glimpse up the energy specifications, and if the strength requirements are below one.4 Amps. I'd say you could at minimum try out it. I personally like to double my wire gauge for existing specifications. Safety element of two is best. Great luck.



Give your remedy to this issue beneath!

No comments:

Post a Comment