Thursday, April 28, 2011

Security Camera System Needed - Any Suggestions?

Query by Char Char: Safety Camera Method Necessary - Any Recommendations?
I want a technique that is for the outdoors (climate-proof), it desires to have at minimum six cameras. The cameras are heading to be spread across four.5 acres, so I need them to be both wireless or be capable to purchase a large qty. of cable to have the cables run underground to the principal handle panel. I would like for the cameras/handle panel to be linked to the world wide web or our personal computer network for monitoring over the internet. I have examine a little bit about the DVR/management panel the cameras hook-up to and as far as the storage it has I do not genuinely treatment, as I will just erase the earlier video, so I would say just adequate for a day or two of recording.

I am new to cameras so this is why I am asking on right here. If you could please supply a identify of a company, a link to a web site or a products/kit identify that meets these needs, that would be fantastic. Many thanks.


Very best solution:

Reply by Caoedhen
Wired is going to operate greater than wireless more than that size of home.

If you are on site 24/seven or close to it, 48 hrs of recording need to be a lot. If you are away at all, the recording wants to cover the time you are gone at least, and add yet another 24 hrs to that to make sure.

I have dealt with numerous organizations that worked on your principle of "a day or two", then arrive again from a vacation weekend to discover the enterprise ransacked and the video already erased. Absolutely nothing I can do for them at that stage.

Challenging drives are dirt low cost, storage really should not be an concern. six cameras at 24/7, call is 96 hrs retention, ought to be doable with a 250gig drive simply. If you turn the compression off as significantly as doable, you might need to have a even bigger generate, but you can get 1Tb for $ 85 these days. Don't skimp! Get the best doable video clip cameras AND the very best possible recording top quality.

I can not give you a name... I've worked with a good deal of brands, and they have all pissed me off at a single position or another... (G)



Know far better? Leave your individual answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment