Wednesday, June 1, 2011

HELP! What will I need in a laptop; for an old person almost blind and almost deaf?

Question by x: Help! What will I require in a laptop for an old person practically blind and almost deaf?
I Genuinely Require Support, I know I am asking for a whole lot of assumed and operate to help with this and I want you to know it will make a massive difference for a quite amazing man or woman.

I want to acquire a laptop (laptop computer due to the fact of bodyweight, restricted area requirement, capacity to move it from location to location effortlessly) for a very elderly intelligent (novice level pc comprehension) man or woman, who INSISTS (pigheaded independence) on residing alone...but who is virtually blind with macular degeneration, and extremely extremely tough of hearing.

They are quite lonely, and frail: and I am hoping that if I get a speech recognition method, and they get acquainted with it before they finally shed ALL sight...AND, if I have some sort of earphones that can make the audio obvious and loud enough, that I can consider some of the terror out of, and loss of control away from, what is occurring to them.

Furthermore I hope to be ready to check in on them visually, and offer some safety for them, when they have workmen in the property.

They can't sit in one particular location for long, due to extreme arthritis, so have to be in a position to move freely in the house with the laptop, from table, to sofa, to bed.

I have very restricted laptop or computer savy, so please be straightforward. Sadly my money are not significantly either.

With this in mind, please help me realize:

What I want to buy in the pc (memory, ports, display screen, audio, wi fi, camera, battery, ...)

AND what may possibly be the greatest, easiest, and most reliable:

programs (to convert text to speech, read mail, manage finances...),

devices (earphones, routers...)

AND which computers, and organizations do you advise especially for ease of use, and reliability?

AND Nearly anything ELSE YOU CAN Think OF to make a method for this individual function best.

Plus, exactly where to purchase this stuff from...and who to set it up? I looked at some of the large chains, and to set it up costs as a lot as the methods I noticed in the retailer. Is this normal, and will they know what they are performing? ALSO, some of the big retailers have " G''k squads" that are meant to come out to the residence (if the individual calls them for a issue) as component of the bundle purchased. Is this support excellent? secure?

Any recommendations of other products...are appreciated here. This particular person has had to be a real tough cookie to survive in their life, and they just are not able to rely on other folks sufficient to stay with or rely on other individuals. I've been worried and I am getting far more so.

Thank you to everyone who responds, I'll try out to decide on a very best remedy, but most of the computer individuals that have responded in the past are quite very good so it will, I know be difficult to pick.
Okay, so I have been studying, and will do much more if a person will guide me

I require at minimum 64bit for a bus width
and how significantly Megahertz?_____ I know it can be at minimum 133MHz

I want as much RAM as possible, but how much ______ ? I want to be able to retailer tons of info, video clips, pics.... I am not apparent how significantly KB or Mb, or MB is required.

with DDR SDRAM (yet again how significantly?)__

and key and secondary caches, how a lot?______

I am NOT apparent on the very best methods for the cash, and why?___________

...I also would like to know the worst programs and why?_____

I believe Apple is OUT of my cost assortment, and I have had a gateway prior to and DISLIKE the support and was not thrilled about the personal computer.

HP's sound card flaked out on me in the 2nd 12 months which I will not like.

What need to I search for in a sound card, that will be able to do extremely distinct, and loud in treble and bass ranges?_________

VRAM need to be at minimum 32MB proper?____
Really should it be far more?_________
Who else?

Pls lok @ original msg + go intoDETAIL
What sort of head phones, and what type of port for them?

Very best router?

And if not geeks, who? What questions ought to I ask, what do I want to listen to?

Is Vista residence edition as great as Vista business for the display reader?

Anyone know of a greater display reader that can navigate the display, open packages, do all the things on the bar by voice commands?

What do display screen readers don't do that a blind individual will need them to do?

Is a screen reader all I will need, or do I will need a voice recognition program also?

Most posts to Yah Solutions are Previous about VR programs. Any advances?

What are best workplace suite programs to use with over.

What really should I watch out for with batteries?

Do I want to get a temperature dissipation pad for below the laptop if she is going to use it on her lap?___

Please go into detail, I will search it all up if I don't comprehend.

Thanks once again for the hyperlinks, and suggestions so far.

Any other web site I can publish this that will get heavy duty computer people to reply????


Best remedy:

Solution by juniordancer07
wait are u blind???? how are u typing that?



Know far better? Depart your individual answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment