Thursday, June 2, 2011

Q&A: I was arrested for shoplifting.?

Query by jobzombi: I was arrested for shoplifting.?
I will describe the scenario and then ideally someone advices me as to the best program of action. I was at Monmouth mall in new jersey with my girlfriend. I went to Suncoast. I left the retailer by means of the mall and into Lord and Taylor. As I was strolling I noticed a guy behind me with a thing in his hand. I walked all around then went to the reduce level and he was even now following me all around. I walked outside even although it was not my exit. There as I walked by way of the parking good deal a protection guard car was there and he stopped and asked if anything was okay. I walked up to him and informed him that the man was harrassing me. He advised us to separate, so I went to the other aspect ofhis car. The gentleman explained I stole a DVD from suncoast, apparently that is what was in his hand. Needless to say I did not. None the much less the cops came and I was booked at the precinct. I have court look this coming thursday. There was no digital camera in the retailer and the only ones in the mall display him with it
I have no prior criminal expenses or arrests as nicely. There had been four protection guards to testify on my behalf and even a taxi driver that was there that I later called to select me up and drive me back again from the precinct to my car back again at the mall, exactly where my girlfriend was nonetheless waiting. The cameras also show this man with the DVDs the whole time. I am not guilty but I am afraid this might damage my lifestyle and attempts to get into graduate school in the foreseeable future. What really should I do at court? I have watched SVU and I have seen there that if there is no evidence in opposition to a defendant, the case is just dismissed. I have by no means been arrested and had to go to court so I have no concept what to do. When I do get freed, as I am positive I will at some point, when can I counter sue them. I reside in the Poconos and was there going to Monmouth. I will be dropping a day of classes and work, I have to drive all the way down there and then back again up. An individual make sure you advice me as to the ebst program of action!!!!!!!!!!!!
The cop patted me down and foudn no DVD on me as it was int eh scenario held be the employee.
What occurred to the worker, absolutely nothing. He operates there so why would they charge him, of program the cops made him arrive down and sing the summons. I asled the cop what would occur if he did not come down and he mentioned that he will make him as he had previously commenced creating every thing in the computer.
The DVD or the case and even the shrink wrap was never in my possession. It was in this man's fingers at all instances and even when I was taken to the precinct and the officer questioned me as to when they took it from me, I advised him it was by no means taken from me as I never ever had it on my man or woman, he looked at me startled.


Best reply:

Answer by steak
A lawyer could be costly, but you dont want a thing as trivial as shoplifting on your document. You will be fine, I believe you



Include your very own remedy in the feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment