Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Q&A: I m an English learner, would you please check if I've done this exercise correct or not ?

Query by beta5: I m an English learner, would you make sure you check if I've carried out this workout right or not ?

Hello there ,
I m finding out English on my individual and there isn't anybody to aid me appropriate my errors, I truly would enjoy to grow to be fluent in this language and attempt to do my best , although often it turns into genuinely challenging to make any progress but I by no means eliminate hope!

I ll be grateful if you check out this exercise and appropriate my blunders, It s from New Headway Innovative book (Oxford University Press)
Using proper tense is in some way confusing for me although I go through the connected grammars once again and again but yet I haven't realized it appropriately.And would you make sure you guide me when you use past straightforward passive and when previous excellent passive ?


Dear pals the verbs I ve used all had been presented in the physical exercise it self but we need to use the right verb form.


A few years ago, two copies of Isaac Newton's Principia and a operate by Galileo, well worth more than Euro300, 000 (one) had been discovered to be missing from the shelves of the Uncommon Books Department of Cambridge University. Police interviewed things but no clued (two) ended up found nor arrests (three) were made.
A few a long time later on, Jolyon Hudson, an antiquarian guide seller, (four) was examining a rare philosophy book in his workplace. There was a shadow on the front cover in which when a label may possibly (5) had been, and the title web page (6) had been ripped out. Hudson was convinced that the guide (7) was stolen. His investigations unveiled that the book's final proprietor was a gentleman referred to as William Jacques, an accountant doing work for Shell UK. Hudson telephoned Jacques and asked him if he (8) stopped by the office to resolve the concern . When they met , Jacques advised him he (nine)had acquired the book from Portobello Market and assured Hudson that he (10)will co- run with any foreseeable future police inquiries .

Nevertheless shortly afterwards , Jacques (eleven) fled to Cuba. From there he sent a letter to the police by means of by way of his solicitors, listing numerous security deposit boxes in banks in England .Within the boxes were dozens of hugely important titles, like the three by Newton and Galileo from Cambridge.

Why Jacques then (twelve) flew back to Britain, no one knows. 3 weeks later on he (13) was located guilty of theft and (14) now have been serving 4 years in prison.
The total benefit of the publications he (15) had stolen is around euro 1.one million, and numerous (sixteen) even now haven't been recovered. Jacques (17) hasn't said how he pulled off possibly the most systematic plundering of Britain's excellent libraries at any time carried out by an individual. Police are apprehensive that he might (18) had had within aid.

Above the past couple of months, libraries in Britain (19) have been improving their protection programs. In several there are now closed-circuit Tv cameras, and passes need to (twenty)be proven. The genteel planet of letters has had a fact check.



Very best reply:

Reply by kcarlson2us
You did a fairly very good career! I just have a few of corrections for you. Beneath are the solutions you missed in the proper type.

five) have
14) has
18) have



Know much better? Depart your own solution in the feedback!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for some other informative blog. Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal means? I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information.
    surveillance cameras

    ReplyDelete