Wednesday, June 1, 2011

How should I store/manage photos when travelling?

Question by robinjayne: How should I shop/manage photos when travelling?
I am heading on a 4 month backpacking trip to Fiji, Australia, Thailand and Vietnam.
I'm a keen amateur digital photographer, and I anticipate to take in the region of 4,000 - six,000 photos while I am away.
How is the greatest way to offer with digital camera memory?

I have a Casio Exilim EX-71080 (10.1 mp)

Do I...
one) get 1 or two big capability SDHC memory cards
Preserve pictures stored on two cards until I return house, and/or try to download onto a USB stick at an web cafe (i can simply do this in oz but this is my 2nd destination) (there are also a lot of photos to electronic mail residence)

Pros - less complicated to retain track of 2 cards, higher ability, higher quality
Cons - if a single gets wet/damaged i drop all my images, if my camera is stolen/misplaced I drop all my pictures

2) purchase 4/five more compact (2gb) SD cards, and both keep in separate areas in my pack, or mail house as I journey

pros - if gets wet/damaged not likely all 4 will be ruined, so only some pictures misplaced, unlikely to be defected if sent property
cons - misplaced in submit, minimal memory & producing velocity

How do you keep digital images while travelling?

If I just use one large SD card, am I probably to lose my images?

Also,can digital memory be wiped when heading by means of protection, customs, airports and so forth and so forth??

Thanks so considerably

R-J


Best reply:

Answer by trailblazer
What I would do is get cards huge enough to cover your very first cease place, and a USB stick that could shop all images taken (with it's possible a back-up as USB sticks are not costly), then in OZ download all location1 onto USB stick(s), and prior to you depart OZ, transfer the OZ pics to USB stick(s).

Trying to keep the SD cards & USB sticks separate at all instances.

Airport scanners/x-ray machines will not affect your digital media.



Know greater? Leave your own solution in the feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment