Friday, May 27, 2011

Can a school legally withhold this from my dad?

Query by Rushton: Can a college legally withhold this from my dad?
So very first off, allow me say that this was very last monday when we had been still in school. Im a sophomore in hs and a excellent university student with straight As. I have in no way gotten in serious problems. I get detentions every single as soon as and a even though for tardies or PDA. I have by no means gotten in a fight. So this random new man who smelled like cigarettes and weed walked up to me and asked me if i wished to go to the xmas dance with him. I informed him no because i was currently heading with my very best pal. He stated he would beat him up because no one particular but him deserved a woman that looked as good as me. I informed him to depart me alone or i was going to compose a statement and i turned around and walked off. He grabbed me and spun me around and told me i had to go with him. I told him no so then he shoved me into my locker. He walked more than to me with his arm back again like he was going to punch me so i hit him with my purse. The only hard points it had in it were my iphone, ipod, and perfume. His nose started off bleeding and i was about to go get a instructor when a cop grabbed me and dragged me to the workplace. Mr Hardwick, my AP produced me sit there although he had a "conference" with the "arresting" officer, the universities counsel, and the other guys ap. He arrived back again in like two hours later and told me he was quite disappointed with my conduct. He was like "the consequence of fighting is four days out of school suspension then 1 day in tier II and one in ISS, but because i like you, i am risking my occupation and letting you serve the TII and ISS initial so you can get your finals. Than you will be suspended the initial 4 days following xmas and you cant go to the christmas dance." I was like i cant skip the first 4 days of the term since i have all new classes. He advised me i really should have thought about that ahead of i went and broke someones nose. I advised him he did not comprehend what occurred but i was attacked by some ridiculous pot head and there was a security digital camera correct there. He was like "you should have attempted to diffuse the circumstance" so i stated "Then what the hell are teachers for?" and left.

So then later, my dad called me and advised me that he had to do an MRI on someone from my college since his mom insisted that he had brain harm from the incident and then asked if he was Paris Fitch's dad. He explained yes and then she stated that i ruthlessly attacked her son so my dad called the school to find out what happened (they couldnt call my mom since shes in england correct now) and they informed him they have been not at liberty to talk about the incident then but they attempted to make contact with him when it took place but he was in medical procedures.

So essentially, the college thinks it can suspend me for defending myself against a guy then not tell my dad something about the incident. Is this even legal?


Very best reply:

Reply by Anne L
If they in fact suspend you, I think they have to notify your custodial parent(s)/guardian(s) WHY. I am not positive, but I am rather certain that they do have to.



Give your answer to this question beneath!

No comments:

Post a Comment