Saturday, May 28, 2011

How is the best way to handle office stealing?

Query by indycouchhopper: How is the best way to manage workplace stealing?
I work at a 5 star hotel in a large town. I get along great with all my coworkers even the a single accused of having stolen many issues in the past (we will call her Sally). "Sally"'s mother also operates at the hotel and there have been reports of her stealing (uncaught) ahead of also. I function at the front desk and am video clip recorded through my whole shift. So I believed nothing at all of it when I left a little sum of income (for someone's suggestion) on my desk in the course of a lunch break. When I returned, the envelope was gone. I was suspicious if possibly Sally had taken it but I did not inquire her because I didn't want to insult her. The following day I noted it to protection and they hauled me into the workplace to assessment the tapes. I informed them that maybe I'd misplaced it or "Sally" had presented it to the proper employee. (Which I doubted since I hadn't created a identify on it…but I was hoping to give her the benefit of the doubt)

Positive enough—Sally is observed on tape twice. The very first time she goes to my function station and picks up the envelope. However, I'd forgotten my mobile phone at my desk so I arrived back again out to get it. She sets the cash down swiftly and goes back to her station. (The protection guard said that was suspicious) Then you see me exit the digital camera again. This time, she returns to choose up the envelope and is caught on the other camera tucking it into her purse. It's on digital camera for goodness sake! (She ought to be brave or stupid) Nicely, given that then….nothing has happened. The protection officer reviewing the tapes told me that they had been waiting to catch her "in the act". But I was by no means asked any inquiries for the report and practically nothing has took place in 3 days. I know it wasn't a lot money…but should not one thing be taking place? What do I do now? (…except the evident of not leaving anything at all useful about her, haha. So really don't get intelligent with meh )


Very best answer:

Reply by cds
As the man or woman who's money was stolen, you ought to report this to your supervisor, and also allow him/her know it was caught on tape.



Give your answer to this question beneath!

No comments:

Post a Comment